Friday, January 12, 2007
popular budget hotels among singaporeans are rainbow, tashun and wonstar that are conveniently located near 西門町 mrt station. others are flowers, keyman and cityinn near 台北车站 mrt station.
to make reservation at the above budget hotels, call them from singapore to make the booking. but be noted that usually no confirmation will be given from them after confirmed booking; no fax or email. it's a common practice for taiwan budget hotels so if you're not comfortable with it, call them to re-confirm again when the date is near.
i stayed at cityinn (新驛旅店) and my 5-nights twin-sharing accommodation without breakfast cost me only approx. S$330 (divided by two and each paid only S$115 ^.^ ) but they might have adjusted their price now so please check their website.
i am very satisfied with the hotel and would recommend it to everyone. reasons are
(01) 1-min walking distance to 台北车站 mrt station
(02) 3-mins walking distance to taipei train station and taipei bus terminal
(03) a relatively new hotel that open for business in september 2006
(04) reasonable price and value for money
(05) rooms are clean with no funny smell and no crawlies running around
(07) facilities such as LCD TV, kettle and hairdryer are provided
(08) every room comes with tea, coffee, 2-bottle mineral water, biscuits and "condom"; they are all free and hotel replenishes them daily
(09) the toilet is nice and clean that comes with tooth brush, tooth paste, razor, comb, soup, shampoo, shower gel and shower cap
(10) surrounded with many shopping centres such as Taipei Underground Shopping Mall, K Mall, 新光三越, 後車站 etc
(11) many breakfast shops around such as 永和豆浆, 美而美, western bakery shop etc
but be noted that the hotel don't provide breakfast, but since there are many breakfast shops around so no worry ^.^
:::::: de mouse's footprint @ 10:21 AM Y